Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lil Wayne Album Dropped

Lil Wayne album has dropped while he is still incarcerated. Reports state that Lil Wayne new album entitled I am not a Human Being has sold over 100,000 copies in its first week and is number two on the billboard charts. Personally, I feel as though the album was not marketed well, I didn't hear anything about it until the day of the drop. Secondly, Lil Wayne is still in prison therefore he unable to promote any songs or better the album period from behind bars. Sources have stated that Lil Wayne will put out another EP once he gets out of prison sometime in early november. I still feel like the label could have waited to release his album and that it was a big risk they took by releasing. Obviously, his record label feels as though his fan base is strong enough to do such a thing. Nevertheless, the album was a success already even-though the marketing and promotion for the album was poor. I have not purchased the album and honestly I doubt that I will just because of the concept of the music. At the end of the day, I  admire Lil Wayne's impact on the hip hop industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment